HEALTH & PE WORKSHOPS & CONFERENCES
All information at:
- Winter Wellness Workshop Day –
March 3 (Friday) in Augusta
$15 per person
Click here to register!
The Annual Winter Wellness Workshop Day is an engaging and motivational professional development event focused on worksite wellness for schools. The day will offer networking opportunities; information on programs and strategies to support personal and workplace wellness; and approaches to building a successful school health promotion and wellness program! This year’s workshop will feature presentations on:
- strategies and supports for staff and student wellness from school superintendents;
- the new Federal Wellness Policy and the connections to school wellness programs; and
- how to control stress in the workplace, verses letting the stress control you! An engaging session by Jeri Stevens, Chandler Bay Resources and Nancy Martin (popular workshop presenters at the 2016 Wellness Summit).
PBE (grade 5-12) Skills-Based Health Education~ 2017 Maine Comprehensive School Health Education (CSHE)
March 30 (Thursday) in Augusta – Registration Open
The Maine Department of Education’s Health Education Program is pleased to bring Holly Alperin and Sarah Benes, the authors of The Essentials of Teaching Health Education – Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment, to Maine to offer a day-long interactive training on a skills-based approach to health education.
- Maine School Wellness Summit,
- Maine Schoolsite Health Promotion Program Overview
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information