Please join our Midcoast community of K-12 educators!
How do we collect quality information about, and evidence of, student learning and growth?How do we use this information effectively?
- Become familiar with high-impact classroom practices of assessment FOR learning.
- Translate NGSS Performance Expectations (or other content standards) into clear student learning targets.
- Further clarify those learning targets through the use of visual representations.
- Develop learning progressions and provide students with tools to self-assess their own progress.
- Deepen descriptive feedback to students.
- Develop next-steps rubrics and support students in self-assessment and goal setting based on the clear learning targets
- Information and experience to help deepen their support for student learning in a proficiency-based system
- Module materials to share in 1-hour study group sessions back home
- Empowering experiences that help meet teaching standards ( “Professional Responsibility” – Leadership and Collaboration)
- Meal at each session.
- STIPEND: $50 for attending each session plus $50 for planning and presenting each module back at school
- Opportunity to be part of a wonderful community of educators who gather to learn and share together!
Go to MaineESP.org ~ Click on the “Assessment for Learning” button (bottom right).
RISE Center Project Director
Send one teacher from your school and get your whole faculty trained! Our professional development prepares teacher leaders to bring the information back to school-based learning communities in bite-sized chunks over the course of the year. We recommend selecting and sending teams consisting of K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12 teacher leaders. Please also create time for your entire faculty to join the study groups led by your teacher leaders! Administrators are strongly encouraged to participate in concurrent PD on this topic offered through your local regional educational partnership.