This course is available from the Friday Institute, an online PD facilitator. Barbara Greenstone has taken several courses from them, including this one, and can vouch for their quality. As many as 20 contact hours may be earned.
All of us, children and adults alike, have different strengths and weaknesses in our learning. Historically, however, schools have approached student learning with a one-size-fits-all mentality and have struggled to adapt to changing student needs.
That ends now.
In order to help you change the way your students learn, this course will expand your knowledge related to learning differences, provide actionable strategies to impact the learning experience of your students, and cultivate a growth mindset related to learning differences.
- To leave participating educators with an understanding of what learning differences are and how they affect all students.
- To foster a growth mindset or problem solving approach among educators as they work with students.
- To provide educators with job-embedded strategies that will help them as they meet the diverse needs of all students.
- To connect educators with other like-minded educators to support the expansion of their own personalized learning network.
- To curate the rich, existing content and develop a Massive Online Open Course for Educators (MOOC-Ed) on Learning Differences to meet the needs of Oak Foundation partners, including Big Brother/Big Sister, the New Teacher Center, Teach for All, and Teach for America; provide access to the MOOC-Ed to teachers and those who coach and support teachers across the world; and to create models for blended learning opportunities with Oak Foundation partners in conjunction with the MOOC-Ed.