Hi all. Here is a followup to the post last week on the program being offered here in the midcoast. Please consider signing up. The district will provide funding for the registration, book, and a night’s stay at Point Lookout if you so desire.
Please let me know if you would like to be registered.
ASSESSMENT LITERACY LEADERSHIP SERIES for MIDCOAST DISTRICT LEADERS
Detailed description should be attached.
Key presenter is Dr. Anita Stewart-McCafferty, professor of educational leadership and co-director of Southern Maine Partnership at USM.
For ADMINISTRATORS and TEACHER LEADERS to
- Develop a shared understanding of assessment literacy
- Engage in local inquiry and planning to apply factors affecting student learning including for students, teacher leaders and administrators.
- Learn how to support the 5 Keys of High Quality Assessment (from writings of Jan Chappuis and Rick Stiggins)
- Learn how to support the 7 Strategies of “Assessment for Learning” with additional insight from John Hattie’s high-impact classroom strategies.
Northport: Point Lookout Summit
Day #1=April 1 (Friday)
Day #2 = April 29 (Friday)
Days 3 & 4 = TBD (Autumn, 2016)
Possibility of an additional Dine & Discuss for principals, including for principals who cannot participate in this series (TBD)
TEXT (Please purchase):
This will be our core resource. Districts will purchase copies for their own participants since some already own the book and others wish either to share a copy or to provide one copy per participant.
Classroom Assessment for Student Learning by Jan Chappuis and Rick Stiggins
Available at Amazon:
$200/participant covers Day #1 and #2
- All participants REGISTER at the LINK BELOW (One person may register multiple participants. Note that their contact email and phone will be required.)
- REGISTER HERE: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1bZWakgv3NQ8fzGvIUnel1YM31PQfabCZMe1LQcuk9J8/viewform
- Make PURCHASE ORDER out to “Midcoast Superintendents Association, c/o Eileen King, Superintendent of Schools”.
- EMAIL or MAIL Purchase Order to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: MRPDC, 2 Eagle Drive, Northport, ME 04849.
Midcoast Regional Professional Development Center