2015 MLTI Summer Institute
July 21 – 23, 2015, Bowdoin College
Registration is open!
Isn’t time what we crave the most in education? Use the 2015 MLTI Summer Institute as a gift of time to learn and share ideas in learning through technology. Examine and try out new ideas in depth with the support of experts. Find content that will help address proficiency based learning, teacher accountability and higher order thinking skills targeted by the new MEA assessments.
Choose from a variety of relevant topics including:
* iPad workflows
* Online and blended learning
* Buidling digital content
* Programming with Swift
* Leadership for technology
* Targeting critical math concepts with technology
* Creating badges for learning
* 3-D printing
* Augmented reality and OER
* …and more!
We’ll be offering two keynotes. Chris Lehmann <http://practicaltheory.org/blog/about-chris/> from Philadelphia’s Science Leadership Academy will inspire on Day 1 with his message of of leading and learning in the modern school. He’ll challenge us to create learning institutions where all members of the community, students, teachers, and administrators alike see themselves as active learners. On Day 2 Erin Knight, <http://www.badgealliance.org> from Cities of Learning and the Badge Alliance, will share her latest work on Maine State of Learning, a statewide system that celebrates and connects learning across all of the many regions in Maine, and creates new pathways for further education, career exploration and life goals for Mainers of all ages.
One Principal (or Assistant Principal) attends free with the registration of two or more educators from their school.
MLTI Educator Rate
* $155.00 – 3 day commuter includes lunch, dinner and materials
* $255.00 – 3 days includes overnight accomodations*, meals and materials
Non-MLTI Educator/Out of state Rate
* $225.00 – 3 day commuter includes lunch, dinner and materials
* $325.00 – 3 days includes overnight accommodations*, meals and materials, as well as the use of a MLTI Device during the 3 day event
Learn more and find our registration page at http://maine.gov/mlti/events/institutes/