- Needs assessment and using baseline data
- Review RI (Using Baseline Data and Information: Guidance) document
- Discuss which components to share more widely
- Goals and targets for Specialists
- Review Sample Student Learning Objectives for Educators/Student Support Specialists
- Discuss which components need to be shared more widely.
- Determine topic for next meeting
- Determine date for next meeting
Materials for Review
- Using Baseline Data using-baseline-data-and-information-guidance
- Sample SLO’s For Specialists sample_slos_educator_student_support_specialists
Notes from the Meeting
- The group agreed to use the document “Using baseline data and information guidance” as the recommendation for preparing the needs assessment portion of the SLO form.
- We agreed that pre- and post-test SLOs are only appropriate in a few instances where student outcomes are expressible on a learning continuum. Pre-tests over content or skills that are new for students are not appropriate.
- A timeline for activities will be shared with all staff and administrators.
- The group will discuss SLO targets for non-instructional staff at the next meeting.
- The group will discuss guidance on rigor for targets and instructional periods at the next meeting.
- The next meeting will be held at 3:00 PM on September 27.