Deans For Impact
Deans for Impact is a national nonprofit organization representing leaders in educator preparation who are committed to transforming educator preparation and elevating the teaching profession.
They have created a short publication on The Science of Learning. This 6 page document summarizes the existing research from cognitive science related to how students learn and connects this research to practical implications for teaching and learning. Many of these are well known, but they do serve as a short reminder. This publication addresses six questions:
1. How do students understand new ideas?
2. How do students learn and retain new information?
3. How do students solve problems?
4. How does learning transfer to new situations?
5. What motivates students to learn?
6. What are some common misconceptions about how
students think and learn?
Don’t take my word for it, no less than Dylan William says
— Dylan Wiliam (@dylanwiliam) September 28, 2015
Thanks to Barbara Greenstone for sharing the link.