Great PD Opportunity in the AOS
All teachers in AOS 98 are welcome!
We are planning to offer a summer institute where teachers can come and work individually or in teams on technology-infused projects or units to be implemented in the fall. Several of you have already expressed interest in the institute, but there’s room for more participants. Here’s the description:
Participants will choose their topics depending on what is relevant and useful for their curricula. They will develop their projects in a facilitated workshop where they can work independently but get technology support when they need it. Here are some examples of projects that can be adapted for your content and grade level:
- Create an iTunesU course – This is a great idea if you are teaching a new course next year and want a digital organizer for content, assignments, resources and discussions.
- Plan an interdisciplinary project (with a team) – work collaboratively with teachers from other content areas
- Make your own digital textbook – create digital anthologies with text, images, audio, video, interactive maps, etc.
- Create video content for a unit. Record your lectures and demonstrations so students can access them outside of class or when they need a review. (Flipped classroom).
- Design investigations using Vernier or Pasco probes and iPads.
- Design an inquiry unit using Google Maps and Google Earth.
- Create a class website.
- Begin a class blog.
- Investigate ways to use iPads for literacy connections (book trailers, story-telling, etc.).
These are only examples. We encourage you to come up with your own ideas.
The institute will be held August 3-6 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM in the BRHS library. Teachers will earn 16 contact hours for attending the Summer Institute and can earn more contact hours for documented work done independently and for a follow-up workshop in the fall (45 hour maximum).
If you plan to attend the institute, please fill out this brief registration form. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
K-12 Technology Integrator
Boothbay Region Schools