All Educators are invited to attend the upcoming free professional development workshop to be held at the Challenger Learning Center of Maine.
Challenger STEM programs for 5-10th graders are designed to:
- engage students in the Scientific Enterprise through hands-on activities aligned with The NGSS Frameworks
- increase student enthusiasm for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math
- enhance 21st CENTURY SKILLS of PROBLEM SOLVING and CRITICAL THINKING
- teach students the importance of clear, effective COMMUNICATION and COLLABORATION to achieve a common goal
- encourage FLEXIBILITY and ADAPTABILITY; INITIATIVE and SELF-DIRECTION
- promote ITC (INFORMATION, COMMUNICATIONS and TECHNOLOGY) LITERACY
- demonstrate the value of the scientific practices of Collecting and Analyzing and Communicating Scientific Data
- inspire students to consider careers in STEM
CHALLENGER MISSION WORKSHOP
WHEN: Monday, March 30 from 9:00 AM- 3:00 PM
WHAT: Workshop includes an overview of Challenger’s programs, how to integrate programs, take home curriculum resources, lunch, and 6 contact hours toward CEUs.
After participating in the workshop you will be ready to able to apply for mission SCHOLARSHIPS / discounts to ensure that your students are able to “fly” a mission in 2015!
WHO: New or perspective mission teachers or administrators, those who are simply curious to know more, and veteran teachers who would like a refresher.
HOW: Register online:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WOvlb67vFbKSXSlhg3oswkUQmSASnxe9LwT_qgx5xqM/viewform.
Pre-registration is required.
Not familiar with Challenger Center? Watch a 7-minute video of a Challenger mission: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04j9qIRJ7e0
For more information, contact Jennifer Therrien at 990-29
Education Director / Center Coordinator
Challenger Learning Center of Maine
Maine’s NASA Educator Resource Center
(207) 990-2900 ext. 3
Inspiring. Exploring. Learning. It’s our mission. stay current with Challenger: LIKE us on facebook