Social Studies classrooms support the development of young people who are knowledgeable, skillful, and committed to democracy and to participating as members of a global community. At this hands-on event, you’ll see how educators can use iPad, Mac, apps, iBooks Author, and iTunes U to create and deliver engaging Social Studies content. You’ll also learn how creating and leveraging digital content can personalize learning and help students of all learning styles grasp challenging concepts. Participants will have the chance to see how:
- …using Apple accessibility features to support all learners can help everyone fully engage with Social Studies content.
- …iBooks can be used in multiple ways in the classroom.
- …using multimedia capabilities and tools in both iOS & OS X can increase student engagement with Social Studies content.
- ..iTunes U places a host of curated content in their hands immediately – ready to be used in the way that makes sense to them.
- …learning from Apple Distinguished Educators about what works, and beginning to adapt these practices to their own classroom will help teachers move forward immediately without having to “figure it all out themselves.”
Tuesday March 24, 2015
7 Bird Street
Houlton, ME 04730
To Register: http://edseminars.apple.com/event/mXSvr-iHg84
Wednesday March 25, 2015
89 Western Avenue
To Register: http://edseminars.apple.com/event/929Gy-VkzXX
Friday March 27, 2015
12:30 p.m.- 3:30 p.m.
Middle School of the Kennebunks
60 Thompson Road
Kennebunk, ME 04043
To Register: http://edseminars.apple.com/event/XPXY4-UJ58e