1-DAY WORKSHOP (free) ~~ HOW TO TEACH CODING & COMPUTER SCIENCE (K-5)
Scroll to end for list of dates/locations and registration links
K-5 Teachers, librarians, ed techs, specialists
Michael Harvey <email@example.com>
In partnership with code.org
Materials used in the workshop focus on content for 3 code.org courses and participants will receive the supplies needed to teach these courses on computer science basics.
PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE:
- Introduction to computer science and pedagogy.
- overview of the online curriculum
- teacher dashboard
- strategies for teaching “unplugged” classroom activities
- printed curriculum guide containing course lesson plans
- classroom supplies for the unplugged activities
- Bag of code.org goodies
Below is a list of currently scheduled workshops in Maine, which are open to all teachers. Please use the following links to sign up for a workshop.
Vassalboro: Vassalboro Community School
Portland: Ocean Avenue School Library
Rumford Area: (RSU 10 location TBA)
Scarborough: Wentworth School