Introduction to Common Core
Mathematical Focus by Grade Level k-8
A collection of PDF’s detailing the mathematical content emphasized in the Standards by grade level. These can be used as guides to inform instructional decisions regarding time and other resources.
They can also be used in reviewing mathematics units in ATLAS over the course of a year and over grade spans. As we build out more units in our mathematics curriculum, we can begin to look for gaps and redundancies in our mathematics curriculum. The standards are keyed by cluster in the following manner;
- Major Cluster- It is recommended that from 65-85% of class time be spent on the standards in these clusters.
- Supporting Clusters– It is recommended that from 15%-30% of class time be spent on the standards in these clusters.
- Additional Clusters– These should be addressed as time allows.
Find much more by visiting Achieve the Core.
Investigations Math Alignment
- Units and sections aligned to CCSS Mathematics Math Standards K-8 draft 9.16 Edit
Unpacked Standards and Learning Targets (“I statements”)
This set of learning targets for K-8 ELA Common Core standards and for k-12 Mathematics Common Core standards are not perfect but do help to unpack each of these sets of standards into more kid friendly language that could be used in your instruction.
They come from Dr. Bob Darnell. His website is located here.
|Grade||ELA Learning Targets||Math Learning Targets|
|Grade K|| GrK_ConvertedELAStandards
Progressions in the CCSS Mathematics
These documents will provide background on each of the major clusters as well as suggestions for instructional approaches
- Counting and Cardinality, Operations and Algebraic Thinking ccss_progression_cc_oa_k5_2011_05_302
- Geometry ccss_progression_g_k6_2012_06_27
- Geometric Measurement ccss_progression_gm_k5_2012_07_21
- Categorical Data and Measurement Data ccss_progression_md_k5_2011_06_20
- Number and Operations in Base Ten ccss_progression_nbt_2011_04_073
- Number and Operations- Fractions ccss_progression_nf_35_2011_08_12
- Ratios and Proportional Measurement ccss_progression_rp_67_2011_11_12_corrected
- Statistics and Probability ccss_progression_sp_68_2011_12_26_bis
- Expressions and Equations ccss_progression_ee_2011_04_25
- Standards by Grade Level Elem Math Grad Standards for each grade
- Standards and Reporting Categories Math grade details with RC
- Kindergarten Reporting Performance Indicators Math PI K
- 1st Grade Reporting Performance Indicators Math PI 1st
- 2nd Grade Reporting Performance Indicators Math PI 2nd
- 3rd Grade Reporting Performance Indicators Math PI 3rd
- 4th Grade Reporting Performance Indicators Math PI 4th
- 5th Grade Reporting Performance Indicators Math PI 5th
- 6th Grade Reporting Performance Indicators Math PI 6th
- 7th Grade Reporting Performance Indicators Math PI 7th