Please find below some additional information about the Smarter Balanced assessment
Summary of Smarter Balanced Components
Smarter Balanced as adopted by the State of Maine has three core components.
- Summative Assessment- this is the mandatory assessment of ELA/Mathematics to be used by the State of Maine.
- Interim Assessment- Optional, on demand assessments that teachers may administer to any or all children at any time. There are two types of interim assessments:
- Comprehensive- tests all the same content as the summative assessment.
- Content Cluster Measures- test of subset of competencies that may be chosen by the teacher.
- Formative Tools- this is the Smarter Balanced Digital Library. These are tasks and formative assessments aligned to the Common Core and the Smarter Balanced assessment that may be downloaded and used in instruction.
More information can be found here. Smarter-Balanced-Core-Components
Smarter Balanced Teacher Fact Sheet SmarterBalanced_TeacherFactsheet
Interim Assessment Purpose Interim-Assessment-Statement-Purpose-FINALmerged
Test Window March 9- May 29
Digital Library (Formative Tools) available to all k-12 teachers in Mid-October. I will let you know when it goes live.
Interim Assessments available Mid-December. I will let you know when they go live.
In the meantime, teachers and students may use the following site to take the practice test.