My hope is that we can look at two of the Guiding Principles (Problem Solving and Integrated Thinking) this week. The goal would be to articulate our performance indicators for each so that we can begin to develop our rubrics.
- Agenda Agenda 3 April
I have also shared, via email, slink to a web-based brainstorming application. Please create an account (free) and we will experiment with it as we discuss both Guiding Principles.
Finally, we will use the following process to come to agreement on our definitions for each Guiding Principle and set of Performance Indicators. Cross Curricular Standards Process
I will use the work done by Jo, Barbara and I on Clear and Effective Communicator as an example of what we are trying to accomplish. We will tackle this Principle in our next meeting if after review, the group feels we need to revise.
See you Thursday.
- Slides from introduction PBG Cross-curricular
- Ten Principles of PBG GSP_Ten_Principles_of_PBL
- PBG Simplified PBLS_Graphic
- Exemplar Transcript GSP_Exemplar_Transcript
- Original 6 +1 Rubric 6+1 Original
- Student Friendly 6+ 1 Rubric 6+1 Student Language
Problem Solving Materials
Standards Problem Solving Standard
- ProblemSolving Rubric
- PISA Problem Solving Definitions and Assessments PISA definitions and examples
- Holistic Example Holistic General (Understanding)
- Analytical Example Portfolio rubric Analytic
- Task vs General- examples from Arter and Chappuis’s Creating and recognizing quality rubrics Examples from text
- Rubric for Rubrics RubricforRubrics
Integrated and Informed Thinker
Standards Integrative and Informed Thinker
- P21 Information, Media, and Technology Literacy
- ALA Information Literacy Standard